|Word Document PDF Document|
COM/MP1/hkr Mailed 1/12/07
Decision 07-01-009 January 11, 2007
BEFORE THE PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
Order Instituting Rulemaking to Set Hourly Rates for Purposes of Calculating Intervenor Compensation Awards Pursuant to Public Utilities Code Section 1801 and Following, for Work Performed in Calendar Year 2006.
(Filed August 24, 2006)
INTERIM OPINION ON UPDATING HOURLY RATES
In today's interim decision we adopt the following measures relating to the hourly rates paid to intervenor representatives:
· A 3% cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) for work performed in calendar year 2006, as proposed in our order instituting this rulemaking.
· An additional 3% COLA for work performed in 2007.
· Beginning with 2007 work, establish three rate ranges for experts based on levels of experience, similar to the five levels already established for attorneys.
· Beginning with 2007 work, allow individual intervenor representatives up to two annual 5% "step increases" within each experience level; the step increases may not result in a rate that exceeds the maximum rate for that level.
· Beginning with 2007 work, an intervenor representative with a rate last authorized at least four years prior to the pending request may seek a new rate as if that individual were new to Commission proceedings.
This proceeding remains open to address other issues discussed in the rulemaking.