|Word Document PDF Document|
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MEDIA ADVISORY
Media Contact: Terrie Prosper, 415.703.1366, firstname.lastname@example.org
CPUC CONTINUES SPEAKER SERIES WITH "CARBON CAPTURE AND STORAGE: WHAT ROLE IN CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION?"
SAN FRANCISCO, January 11, 2010 -- The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) today announced it will host three experts to discuss carbon capture and storage and the role it plays in climate change mitigation as part of the on-going "Thought Leaders" speaker series. The public is invited and reservations are not required for this informative 90-minutes session.
WHO: - Sally M. Benson, Director of the Global Climate and Energy Project, Stanford University
- S. Julio Friedmann, Carbon Management Program Leader, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- George Peridas, Scientist, Climate Center, Natural Resources Defense Council
WHAT: The panel will discuss and answer:
· What are the most significant challenges to successful carbon capture and storage?
· Is carbon capture and storage economically and technically capable of reducing CO2 emissions without leakage?
· Should ratepayers support carbon capture and storage?
WHEN: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
WHERE: CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
Also available via video webcast at: www.californiaadmin.com/cgi-bin/cpuc.cgi.
The CPUC's Thought Leaders speaker series is designed to stimulate thought and discussion of some of the most pressing challenges facing California utility regulators and the private sector industries impacted by state policies. Leading experts from around the world take center stage to offer their expertise and vision in areas such as communications, energy, water, transportation, the environment, green jobs, and more.
For more information on Thought Leaders and archived video webcasts of prior speakers, please visit www.cpuc.ca.gov/ThoughtLeaders.
For more information on the CPUC, please visit www.cpuc.ca.gov.