The FAR breaks down the issues as follows:
· Issue 1: Backup batteries installed on the premises of residential and small commercial customers;
· Issue 2: Standardization of emergency notification systems and protocols;
· Issue 3: Backup power on the telecommunications network;
· Issue 4: Level of implementation of Best Practices by the different telecom industry segments; and
· Issue 5: Feasibility of the use of zero greenhouse gas emission fuel cell systems for backup power systems located at telecommunications service provider facilities.
We will address the issues in this order.